2018 R/V Preservation Work Weekends
Would you like to help in preparing the R/V PRESERVATION for an exciting season of fun and interesting projects?
The summer project season is fast approaching! We are working on some still-in-progress items and include a number of improvements for the new season. Please review the "To Do List" and "Dream List" see if there is anything that you could help with.
To learn more about the RV Preservation Work Weekend and to view the "To-Do-List" please click on this link,
R/V Preservation Work Weekends
We invite you to join with us and get to know the R/V PRESERVATION and more people in the GLSPS. We'd love to share a weekend of boat-work and camaraderie. With the R/V PRESERVATION and Phil's camper, we can usually house up to six volunteers at a time!
This event is split into separate activities for each day of each weekend. Please register for each day you are able to attend so we can plan tasks and sleeping arrangements based on the skill-sets and headcount of those attending each day.
Please join us for the GLSPS Membership Cruise and BBQ Sunday June 3, 2018. Here is the link.
Membership Cruise and BBQ - 6/3/2018
Please join us for the learning, rewarding and comradeship you can only receive from an event like this.
GLSPS Board of Directors
Ken Knutson - RV Preservation Chairman
14th Annual S.S. Meteor Preservation
April 28 - 29, 2018
Photo Taken After the Hull Was Painted in July 2014
"2017 S.S. Meteor Project Photos"
Please Join us in Making this Preservation Project a Huge Success!
The Great lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society, Superior Public Museums
Lake Superior Marine Museum Association and Wisconsin Underwater Archeology Association
The S.S. Meteor Preservation and Stabilization Project is coming up fast. The date is April 28 & 29, 2018.
If you are interested in volunteering to help preserve this very valuable Maritime History Museum - Whale Back Ship, please click on this link to learn more.
S.S. Meteor Project 2017 Photos
If you are interested, please Register for the Project. This is a requirement in order for us to create a head count for food.
Hope to see you at the S.S. Meteor Whale Back Museum Ship
Saturday and or Sunday, April 28 - 29, 2018
Barkers Island Hotel is offering a $50.00 per night room.
Please reserve your room ASAP and before the blocked rooms fill up
The Barkers Island Hotel phone number is, 715-392-7152
Ask them about the special pricing by mentioning the "Whaleback Cleanup"
The 18th Annual 2018 UMSAT Show
To learn more, please visit the UMSAT Show website by clicking on the link below
UMSAT Show Website
Is your business related to Scuba Diving or Adventure Travel?
You can be a Platinum, Gold or Silver Sponsor for the Show!
Please click on the link below to print the Registration Form.
UMSAT Show 2018 Exhibitors & Sponsors Registration Form
If you are a business associated with Scuba Diving Maritime History, Adventure Sports or Travel, and would like to participate as an Exhibitor in our EXPO, please click on the button below for the Contract and Registration form.
2018 UMSAT Show Exhibitors & Sponsors Contract
If you would like to help promote the UMSAT Show, please contact us for additional information on how you can help.
If you have any need for training, dive gear, repair services, tropical dive trips or charters to the great lakes, please use any of the sponsors listed below. You can click on any of the logos to find them on their websites. The logos are also on the front page of the UMSAT Show and GLSPS Websites.
If you kept your program books from the previous show, it has very valuable information in it that you can use throughout the year, including Dive Shops, Charter Services, repair services, and dive equipment. Please patronize the local businesses that advertise in the program book and listed as sponsors on the site. They may likely have a discount if you tell them you found their ad in the UMSAT Show Program Book!
If you would like to Advertise in the UMSAT Show Program Book, please contact us.
We Need VOLUNTEERS!
If you would like to VOLUNTEER to help at the show, please click on "Contact Us" and send Bob Nelson an email.
1/2 price on the lunch is given to all volunteers!
This year we will be presenting the Awards during the two hour lunch break. A featured speaker will be presenting after the award presentation. We will only be presenting one or two Awards this year
Divers, historians, show speakers and shipwreck enthusiasts will join us for the sit down lunch to socialize, have a "Buffet Lunch" and honor our two 2018 Award Winners.
Below are the Platinum, Gold and Silver Sponsors for the 2018
Please give them the recognition by patronizing their businesses and visiting or calling them at their stores.
Please Click on the Logos Below to Gain Access to their Websites
Platinum - Sponsors for the 2018 UMSAT Show
Gold - Sponsors for the 2018 UMSAT Show
Silver - Sponsors for the 2018 UMSAT Show
Past UMSAT shows have proven to be amazing
and entertaining, you DO NOT want to miss this year's show!
Please Mark You Calendars, the 2018 UMSAT Show will begin
Friday, March 2, 2018
for the Friday Night at the Movies
Starting at 7:00 PM and Goes until 10:00 PM.
Saturday March 3, 2018 is the Main Show
and will start at 9:00 AM and goes to 6:00 PM.
The after / Social Meet and Greet Party Starts at 7:00 PM
Please join us for the UMSAT Show at the
Double Tree by Hilton, Bloomington, MN.
UMSAT Show Committee
Show Cell - 612-567-3305
GLSPS Board of Directors
2017 Spring and Fall Newsletter are Available
The 2017 Spring and Fall Newsletter Are Now Available!
to view your copy of the Spring Newsletter.
to view your copy of the Fall Newsletter.
Please Note: You will need to log onto the GLSPS website to obtain your copy.
Support the GLSPS With Amazon Smile
Select the Great Lakes Shipwreck Preservation Society as your supported organization at smile.amazon.com
A portion of every eligible Amazon Smile purchase will automatically be donated to the GLSPS!
Amazon also has thousands of discounted items, especially during holidays. New deals are being added daily, so take advantage of these specials while they last!
Become a Member
GLSPS membership is open to anyone interested in doing something to help preserve these amazing historic and recreational sites.
It's easy to become a member - annual dues are only $25. Your membership will entitle you to receive two newsletters per year, a GLSPS membership sticker, and an opportunity to participate in GLSPS sponsored projects. We are a non-profit 501.c3 organization and all donations are tax deductible.
Become a Member - Online Become a Member - Mail Form
GLSPS Member Benefits
- Two newsletters per year
- Access to the members view of the GLSPS website
- Opportunity to participate in the many exciting and rewarding projects aboard our research vessel the R/V Preservation
- Annual BBQ and Cruise on the R/V Preservation during the launch weekend
- A variety of training classes and programs the GLSPS offers for members
- Discounts on equipment rentals and free air for members participating in projects
- Discounts on dive equipment purchased from your local dive shops that participate in the annual Upper Midwest Scuba and Adventure Travel Show
- Annual General Membership Meeting held in the fourth quarter of the year, typically in November
- A chance to help the Society as an active member and, to learn new things to help you be more of a dynamic person at your careers and your everyday life
The most you will get out of being a member is the amazing satisfaction of knowing your annual dues and donations are going to a worthy cause to help protect and preserve maritime history for years to come.
You will receive many email communications and announcements
from the GLSPS website, www.glsps.org. SOme of the emails you will be receiving are, Newsletters, Meeting notices, Upcoming Programs and Projects, and any other GLSPS activities or society news.
The Board of Directors Meeting is the first Tuesday of each month and are open to any member. The meetings provide an opportunity to meet other Society members, to get involved, and to provide input into the direction of the Society.
So please join us in the fun helping preserve maritime history by clicking on the membership level you prefer.
Tax Deductible Membership Levels:
- Crew - $25
- Crew Family -$35.00 Up to Four Additional Family Membes
- Watchman - $50
- Watchman Family - $60.00 Up to Four additional Family Members
- Boatswain - $100
- Boatswain Family - $110.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Helmsman - $200
- Helmsman Family - $210.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Mate - $500
- Mate Family - $510.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
- Plank Owner - $1000 & Up
- Plank Owner Family - $1010.00 Up to Four Additional Family Members
* Memberships Watchman and above are listed in our newsletters.
Thank you for considering becoming a GLSPS Member and we look forward to seeing you on our projects!
- GLSPS.org is once again our direct website address!
- All content from our legacy site has been transferred to ClubExpress.
- Note that ClubExpress sends you to glsps.clubexpress.com when you log into the website; this is expected behavior.
New Menu and Content
- Projects Archive
- Includes project info as far back as 1994, two years before the GLSPS was officially started!
- Highlights our ongoing efforts and provides summary for multi-year projects.
- The 2017 Organizational Structure has been added to the Program Documents. This outline lists the Society's Objectives, Priorities, Committees, Programs and Projects for this year. Here is the link to the Organizational Structure Outline
- Wrecks / Dive Sites
- Historical info, preservation efforts, current location, mooring buoy status (as available), and more!
We'd like to hear from you!
- The GLSPS is trying to save time and money for our Newsletters, Membership renewal notices and other correspondence by saving on paper, printing and postage. Please provide you email addresses by sending them to email@example.com
- Send any website comments, ideas, suggestions for improvements, corrections, etc to Nick Lintgen or Phil Kerber.